FLIRT! with HYPER ISLAND is a speed-dating event, for creative agencies and Hyper Island students to make first contact. Whether you are looking for new digital talents or just want to meet new friends within the industry, there’s no better opportunity for everyone to explore their curiosity and hook up professionally. So come on down, grab a few beers and let’s FLIRT!
A networking event between Hyper Island students and creative agencies.
When - 31st May 2011, Tuesday from 4pm to 10pm.
Where - Restaurant F12, Fredsgatan 12, Stockholm, Sweden.
Flirt! Afterparty starts at 9:00pm See the invitation
Hyper Island students from the Digital Media and Mobile Applications program; creative industry professionals.
4.00pm - Drinks, music, mingle session and workshops
5.00pm - Guest speaker Maja Bergstrand from More Mobile Relations
5.30pm - Guest speakers Luis-Daniel Alegría and Alex Jordan from AKQA on "Fishing for internship"
Hyper Island students are not your average students. They work on multi-disciplinary projects in digital media and interactive communications. With real clients and businesses with efficient group dynamics. Which begs the question, if there are pick up lines to be used on a Hyper Island student and other creatives, what will they be?
Out of fun, we have compiled a list of top 30 ways to start a conversation with a Hyper Island student, that we think will come in handy.
- #1 – I wish I had an eyedropper so I could capture the color of your eyes.Tweet
- #2 – Has anybody ever told you that your teeth have perfect kerning?Tweet
- #3 – If you were a logo, it would be for a really premium brand.Tweet
- #4 – If I went to a stock photography site and typed in the keyword: “ beautiful”, I bet there’d be a picture of you.Tweet
- #5 – Just looking at you from across the bar, I could tell you display high Brightness and Vibrance, and have multiple Layers.Tweet
- #6 – You look perfectly put together. Do you display this well in IE?Tweet
- #7 – Mind if I take you for a usability test?Tweet
- #8 – Mind if I look some terms in your API?Tweet
- #9 – I prefer interpreters. Don’t plan ahead, just go with the flow, and embrace any surprises along the way.Tweet
- #10 – I’d sure like to catch your exception and overflow my stack.Tweet
- #11 – Mind if I extend your class and access your protected fields?Tweet
- #12 – I’d love to query your tables and natural-join our columns.Tweet
- #13 – You and me are like boolean logic. (Making hand gestures) I’m a 1 and you’re a 0.Tweet
- #14 – Baby, with me, it’s while == true. It just goes on forever.Tweet
- #15 – I’m like a global variable: I’m into everything.Tweet
- #16 – If life is a class, you’d be my constructor… because I’m nothing without you baby.Tweet
- #17 – Life is so exciting when I’m with you, I feel like scraping W3C standards.Tweet
- #18 – Girl, you and me are so compatible, I bet our md5 checksums are a perfect match.Tweet
- #19 – You must be good at SEO because when I search for perfection, you’re my top match.Tweet
- #20 – I don’t need to modify your stylesheet baby, you’re already perfect.Tweet
- #21 – I wish I had the RSS feed of your heart.Tweet
- #22 – If you were a part of my domain, we could share cookies.Tweet
- #23 – My love for you is like a session that never times out.Tweet
- #24 – Our love is like open source software… it makes the world a better place.Tweet
- #25 – I don’t need google analytics to know how many times you’ve visited my thoughts.Tweet
- #26 – Can I get your IP address just in case I can’t find your domain?Tweet
- #27 – When we communicate it’s like there’s no latency in the connection.Tweet
- #28 – I’d give you a PageRank of 10 any day.Tweet
- #29 – If you’re interested, I’d love to give you an inbound link.Tweet
- #30 – You’re like a framework worth building my life around.Tweet